Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Looking for the Lord's Return


"Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and to me only, but unto all them that love His appearing."   (2 Timothy 4:8)

I believe, as many others do, that there are rewards to be given to the Christian at the Judgment Seat of Christ after our Lord's second coming. I believe one of those rewards is the Crown of Righteousness which is to be given to those living righteous lives in anticipation of the Lord's return, for loving His appearing.

The caretaker of an estate was keeping the grounds immaculately for his master who was gone on a long trip for an extended time. The grass was neat, no weeds, all fence rows were clean and free of unwanted vegetation. The barns and outbuildings were well kept. Someone stopped by and was admiring the rare beauty. "Is this your property?" "No," the caretaker said. "It belongs to my master, who is gone on a long trip." The visitor said, "You keep it as though he is coming back tomorrow." The caretaker said, "I am keeping it, not as though he might come back tomorrow, sir, but, as though he might come back today."


A strong belief in the second coming of Christ will affect the way one lives. Live as though you are expecting Him to return at any moment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment