Saturday, October 8, 2016

You Cannot Please Everyone

“Woe unto you, when all men shall speak well of you! For so did their fathers to the false prophets.” (Luke 6:26)

“Peace at any cost,” is the slogan of many folks, even of many in the churches. We pastors feel pressured to maintain peace and harmony.

Many years ago I invited three black children to come to Vacation Bible School in our predominately white church. When I brought those children to church on Monday morning I discovered a pastor cannot please all the people all the time and please God at the same time.

My Bible reading sometime that week brought me to the verse which is our text today. God spoke to me and has given me assurance that pleasing Him is all that really matters.

The false prophets of whom Jesus spoke wanted it both ways. They wanted to please both sides on issues and still be thought of as a prophet of God. That is an absurd impossibility. One day we preachers and pastors will stand before the Lord at the Judgment Seat of Christ and give an account of our stewardship as ministers of the Word of God.

No comments:

Post a Comment