Sunday, October 2, 2016

I Am Ready

“So, as much as in me is, I am ready to preach the Gospel to you that are at Rome also.” (Romans 1:15)

Paul the apostle was a hungry man who had found food telling other hungry men where to find food. He had found and had nourished his soul with the Bread of Life. In light of that hunger being satisfied he declares our second, “I am” in Romans chapter one.

“I am ready.” Readiness is one of the main watchwords of the Christian faith. “Be ye also ready, for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.” (Matthew 24:44)An old song says, “Ready to go, ready to stay, ready my place to fill: Ready for service, lowly or great; Ready to do His will.”

Paul’s assignment was to preach. He declares in our text that he is ready to do the work that God has given him to do. What is your assignment?

God has gifted every believer, every Christian with a gift, talent or assignment. We have been given a stewardship. Our attitude should be one of readiness. Loosen your grip on the world and loosen the grip the world has on you and fulfill God’s will for your life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment