Friday, March 13, 2015

The Christian Life: A Walk of Faith

“For we walk by faith, not by sight.”  (2 Corinthians 5:7)

When Thomas, the apostle, saw the resurrected Christ on that second Sunday evening after the resurrection, he exclaimed, “My Lord and my God.” (John 20:28) And Jesus said, “Thomas because you have seen me, you have believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.” (John 20:29) Then, peter says, “…Jesus Christ, whom having not seen, you love; in whom, though now you see Him not, yet believing, you rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory.” (1 Peter 1:7-8) We have never seen Jesus but we talk to Him in prayer. We sing of Him and to Him. The Christian life is a walk of faith. We receive Christ as our Savior by faith. We walk, “through valleys of the shadow of death, but fear no evil because He is with us.”( Psalm 23:4) We, by faith, “cast all our cares upon Him for He cares for us.” (1 Peter 5:7)

It was by faith that Abraham went out not knowing where he went.  The Bible says that without faith it is impossible to please Him.

I have never seen heaven but, I am trusting my Savior to take me there when this life is over.  The Christian life is a journey that begins with faith and ends in faith until we stand before Him and see Him face to face as He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment