Saturday, March 7, 2015

God Corrects His Own

My son, despise not the chastening of the LORD; for whom the LORD loves He corrects; even as a father the son in whom he delights.” (Proverbs 3:11-12)

My father never spanked another parent’s child however, I can tell you he believed that his own children needed to be corrected frequently. Correction did not always mean a spanking or switching. My dad corrected us because he loved us, not because he hated us. His correction kept me from getting in trouble many times.

God frequently finds it necessary to correct His children. The Bible makes it clear that if we belong to Him He will chasten us as it becomes necessary, not because He hates us, but because He loves us. If we as professing Christians are disobedient, we can expect to be corrected or even chastised. If we can continue in sin uncorrected the Bible says we are illegitimate and not His. (Hebrews 12:8) Like my earthly father, God doesn’t chastise someone else’s children.

You can leave the devil’s family and be born again into God’s family by repenting and trusting the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment