Monday, March 30, 2015

Alive For Evermore

“I am He that liveth, and was dead; and, behold, I am alive for evermore, Amen; and have the keys of hell and of death.” (Revelation 1:18)

If I were to meet a man on the street and he said, “I am alive,” I would perhaps look at him and say, “I see that you are alive.” And then if he added, “I was dead,” I would probably start listening more closely.  And, then he might add, “I am alive for evermore,” I would begin to realize there is something familiar about this man. He might then put an exclamation on what he had said by saying, “Amen.” The word “amen” can be translated, “It is, and shall be so.” Or, “So be it.” Many times as a young man I listened to Walter Cronkite give the evening news. He would sign off with these words, “And that’s the way it is.” That is what “Amen” means.

If this man added, “I have the keys of hell and death,” I would know there is only One who can honestly say these things. I would know this Man is my Living Lord and Savior who gave His life for me at Calvary.  He is alive just as he said.  Praise His name.

No comments:

Post a Comment