Monday, February 23, 2015

Your Speech and Your Thoughts Are Part of the Evidence

“Let the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, Oh LORD, my strength and my redeemer.” (Psalm 19:14)

Our Savior had told Peter that he would deny Jesus three times before the rooster would crow twice. Three times they pointed a finger of accusation at Peter and three times he denied that he knew Jesus.  However, on that third denial peter began to curse and to swear, saying, “I know not the man.”  Immediately the rooster crowed. After his accusers heard Peter cursing and swearing apparently they never accused him again that day of being a follower of Jesus (Matthew 26:69-75) 

I think it was Will Rogers who said, “I want to speak so that I won’t be afraid for my neighbor’s parrot to repeat what I say.”

As to the meditation of our hearts, the Bible says, “Whatsoever is true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous and praise worthy, think on these things.” (Philippians 4:8)

Are the things you talk about, the words you use and are the things you meditate upon acceptable to God? While your speech may let others know who you are, your thought life and meditation will let you know who your are.

Someone said, “You may not be what you think you are, but, what you think, you are.”

No comments:

Post a Comment