Monday, February 16, 2015

As White as Snow

“Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool.” (Isaiah 1:18)

I love to see fresh snow on the ground.  I remember as a child my mother, and then as a grown man my wife, making “Snow Cream” from the second snowfall of the season.  The old folks thought the first snowfall had impurities in it. Snow cream came from clean, fresh, pure white snow.

As I got older I thought of the clean, white snow as a picture of the sinner having been cleansed by the blood of Jesus.  Even if one’s sins are vile as in the case of the nation of Judah, they could be as white as snow.  I have seen coal yards where front end loaders were working to fill trucks.  Then a few inches of snow would fall overnight, transforming that black coal yard into pure white. This is the picture God has given to Isaiah to paint for his readers. Even in the depths of sin there is hope.  Accept God’s invitation. Come to Him and be made clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment