Sunday, February 15, 2015

God’s Grace is Sufficient

“And he said unto me, my grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.” (II Corinthians 12:9)

Paul, writing to the Christians in Corinth, is telling them of a “thorn in the flesh,” the “messenger of Satan” who was buffeting him.  He prayed three times that this unwelcome guest be taken from him. Instead, the response from the Lord was, “My grace is sufficient for you.  My strength is made perfect in weakness.”

Paul’s attitude in trials should be ours, “I take pleasure in my problems, because when I am weak, then I am strong.

We do our best praying when we are facing sickness, or some other affliction, either in ourselves or our family. We have more faith when the only direction we can look is up.

“Lord, teach us to trust you and to believe that your grace is always sufficient, always enough.”

No comments:

Post a Comment