Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Excuses

“Benaiah…went down and slew a lion in a pit on a snowy day.” (I Chronicles 11:22)

I once heard of a man who wanted to borrow his neighbor’s axe. The neighbor said, “No, I can’t loan you my axe because I’m going to town.”  When the man who needed the axe inquired as to what going to town had to do with loaning the axe, the owner said, “When you don’t want to do something one excuse is as good as another.”

The Bible says that Benaiah was one of the three mightiest men in King David’s army.  When the king had desired water from the well at Bethlehem, Benaiah and the two others broke through the army of the Philistines and drew water from the well at Bethlehem and brought it to their king.  Courageous Benaiah would not let a snowy day be an excuse to keep him from killing a lion. 

We Christians have responsibilities in the kingdom of heaven. Let us not look for excuses to keep us from doing God’s will.

No comments:

Post a Comment