Saturday, December 30, 2017

The Unseen Christ

“Jesus saith unto him, ‘Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen me, and yet have believed’” (John 20:29)

It was a week after the resurrection when Jesus made His second appearance to His disciples. In the appearance a week before Thomas was not present and told the others that he would have to see Jesus before he could believe. And now Jesus appears and Thomas exclaims, “My Lord and my God.”

The Ethiopian eunuch declared to Philip, “I believe Jesus Christ is the Son of God.” He had never seen Jesus but believed. The Philippian jailer asked, ‘What must I do to be saved?” He was told, “Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and thou shalt be saved.” He had never seen Jesus but he believed and was saved.

You and I have never seen Jesus but we believe and “rejoice with joy unspeakable…” (I Peter 1:8)  People around the world who have never seen the Lord are being saved because they believe on the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment