Saturday, December 9, 2017

Growing our Faith

“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” (Romans 10:17)

Several years ago my wife said she was asking God to increase her faith or to give her more faith. She told me as she was dealing with that, our text for today came into her mind. As she read it, God seemed to say to her, “If you want more faith read my word.” Her sharing that with me has been a tremendous help for me in times of my weak faith.

We must stay in the word, reading it, studying it, memorizing it, and meditating upon it. We must hear it expounded from the pulpit. Paul reminded Timothy to, “Preach the word.”
It is through God’s word that we discover our desperate condition and our need for salvation. We discover in the Bible how much God loves us. We discover through the Word of God that salvation is, “by grace alone, through faith alone in Christ alone.” There is only one way and He is that way. Have faith in God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment