Sunday, December 10, 2017

Concern for Lost Souls

“…I have great heaviness and continual sorrow in my heart. For I could wish that myself were accursed from Christ for my brethren, my kinsmen according to the flesh: who are Israelites.” (Romans 9:2-4)

The late Robert Pierce, who was the founder and leader of World Vision International, said, “May my heart be broken with that which breaks the heart of God.” Jesus came to Jerusalem and wept over the city saying, “Oh Jerusalem, Jerusalem, if you had known…” (Luke 19: 41-45) 

I have seen grown men weeping over their unsaved children. I have seen wives weeping and praying for lost husbands. I had a good friend who would attempt to witness to someone and then break down in tears with his hand on the other man’s shoulder. The other man would begin to weep over his own sins and lost condition and then and there give his heart to Jesus.

I know a Christian lady whose husband was unsaved and never attended church. She would get their four children ready for church every Sunday. Then she would lay out her husband’s clothes and tell him that his clothes were ready if he decided to come later. Sunday after Sunday for years this went on. Then one Sunday as the church members were standing and singing their first hymn he slipped in beside her. Either that Sunday or the next he was saved.

Oh, God, let my heart be broken with that which breaks your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment