Friday, August 28, 2015

Jesus Prayed. Do You?

“And Jesus lifted up His eyes, and said, Father, I thank thee that thou has heard me. And I knew that thou hearest me always: but because of the people which stand by I said it, that they may believe that thou hast sent me.” (John 11:41-42)

Our Savior recognized the need and value of prayer. In one place the gospels tell us that He went out a great while before daybreak and prayed. In another place we are told He spent the night in prayer. Later, during the evening before His crucifixion He prayed that God’s will would be done concerning His suffering and agony on the cross. Here at the tomb of Lazarus He prayed.

He openly thanked the Father for hearing this prayer and for always hearing His prayers. He spoke this prayer publicly that the people would know that the subsequent miracle would be of God the Father and the people would believe He was sent of God and that He was not some kind of magic worker.

Who are we not to pray and who are we to see no need of prayer? God wants to hear from us and we need to hear from Him. That is done through prayer and the reading and study of His Word, the Bible.

No comments:

Post a Comment