Thursday, August 20, 2015

How to Live Forever

“Jesus saith unto her, I am the resurrection, and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live: And whosoever liveth and believeth in me shall never die. Believest thou this? (John 11:25-25)

This is another of the great, “I am,” statements describing Jesus, along with, “I am the bread of life,” “I am the water of life,” “I am the door,” “I am the Good Shepherd,” “I am the way…” and others.

Martha knew that her brother would rise again in the resurrection at the last day, but she seemingly failed to see that Jesus was the source of that resurrection. Jesus boldly claimed Himself to be the Resurrection and the Life.

But the Savior goes further and makes the statement that if one believes in Him he will never die. In other words, he will have Eternal Life. The only death the Christian will experience is physical death. Even Jesus experienced physical death but He who is the resurrection and the life arose after three days. He is the “First-fruits,” of those who have died (I Corinthians 15:20) and has promised that our bodies will rise in resurrection.  Have you been born again? Trust Jesus the Savior and live forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment