Saturday, August 26, 2017

Who Do You Know?

“I have written unto you, fathers, because ye have known Him that is from the beginning. I have written unto you, young men, because ye are strong, and the word of God abideth in you, and ye have overcome the wicked one.” (I John 2:14)

A group of little boys were bragging about who their fathers knew. “My dad knows the mayor of our town,” boasted one. Another said, “My dad knows the president of the bank.” “My dad knows the governor of the state,” boasted another. Without hesitation the last one said, “My dad knows God.”

He that is “from the beginning,” is the One mentioned in I John 1:1-3. He created all things and holds the universe together. These mature believers knew the eternal God of mercy, love, grace, power and providence.

The young men mentioned here are strong because the word of God is abiding in them. They know what it is to be strong in the Lord and in the power of His might. They know that victory is theirs because they have put on the whole armor of God. (Ephesians 6:10-11) They are “over-comers.”

Do you know God? Is the word of God abiding in you? Receive Him by faith today.

No comments:

Post a Comment