Sunday, August 6, 2017

Don’t Lie to Yourself

“This then is the message which we have heard of Him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in Him is no darkness at all. If we say that we have fellowship with Him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth.” (I John 1:5-6)

That’s pretty plain and straight-forward.  II Corinthians 6:14 asks, “…what fellowship hath righteousness with unrighteousness? And what communion hath light with darkness?”

I went into a dark restaurant. I could barely see my hands if I held them in front of my face. I had to watch my steps to keep from tripping over something. After a few minutes I got used to the dark. Some wayward Christians claim to have fellowship with God when in reality they have gotten used to the dark. They are lying to themselves claiming to have fellowship with God while living a sinful lifestyle.

We need to examine ourselves to see if we are in fellowship with God or if we have just gotten used to the dark surroundings of our society.

No comments:

Post a Comment