Friday, August 4, 2017

What a Fellowship, What a Joy Divine

“That which we have seen and heard declare we unto you, that ye also may have fellowship with us: and truly our fellowship is with the Father, and with His Son Jesus Christ.” (I John 1:3)

When I was born to William and Hazel Doyel I became their child. A relationship was established that could not be broken. I would forever be their child. It is a parent/child relationship. I sometimes disobeyed and displeased them but the relationship was not broken. In the times I disobeyed them the fellowship was strained or broken.

When the Lord saved me by His grace I became a child of God. A parent/child of God relationship was established that would not ever be broken. The fellowship between Father God and me has been broken or strained numerous times because of my sins and disobedience.

When I hear a Christian say, “I’m working on my relationship with God,” surely they do not mean that they will become more saved than they are. Surely they must mean they are working on their fellowship.

Remember: God maintains the relationship. We maintain the fellowship.

No comments:

Post a Comment