Thursday, July 20, 2017

Strength for Living

“I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me. (Philippians 4:13)

This verse, when taken out of context, has been interpreted to mean that if one is a Christian he can do as was said of the fictitious character Superman in the comic books. He was “able to leap tall buildings with a single bound.”

In its context, which is the way all Scripture should be interpreted, the verse is saying, “I can face both fullness and hunger through the power of Christ living in me. I can face whatever comes my way through Christ.”

Any child of God, living in the will and purpose of God, can do whatever God calls on him to do in the will of God. He can withstand Satan’s temptations to do evil. He can live a life that bears the fruit of the Spirit: “love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith (faithfulness), meekness and temperance.” (Galatians 5:22-23)  He can rejoice in difficulties, trials and hardships in the power and strength of the indwelling Christ. The secret is to be surrendered to Christ Jesus and to walk with Him at all times.

No comments:

Post a Comment