Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Amazing Grace

“The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all.” (Philippians 4:23)

The word “grace” means unearned or unmerited favor. God’s grace is the unmerited favor of God to man. The Bible tells us that we are saved by grace through faith. (Ephesians 2:8)  When Paul was struggling with his “thorn in the flesh,” he prayed three times that God would remove it. God responded by saying, “My grace is sufficient for thee…” (II Corinthians 12:9)

In all thirteen of Paul’s letters the word “grace” is used in the first verse or near the first verse. In this epistle he extends his desire for grace upon them in 1:2 and then again here in verse 23. He excludes no one from his desire for God’s favor to be upon them.

Indeed, none of us is excluded from God’s grace and favor. I look all around and I see His grace abounding toward me. I look back and I see His grace at work saving me, keeping me and calling me into the ministry. As you and I look toward the future we see His grace in abundance preparing us for heaven and then taking us to be with Him.

Dear Reader:  We hope that you have enjoyed reviewing the study in Philippians that has been running daily since June 9.  These blogs were used as Bro. Jim was recovering from some health issues. We are thankful that he is continuing to get stronger each day and all new devotionals will return beginning tomorrow.  Join us in thanking and praising God for His faithfulness and healing!

No comments:

Post a Comment