Tuesday, July 4, 2017

A Good Testimony

“Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:13-14)

The assessment of many scholars and commentators is that Paul the apostle was the greatest Christian that ever walked the earth. But his assessment of himself was that he had not yet arrived. He stayed focused on “one thing” which would be good for us to do. He was like a runner in a race, nearing the finish line, straining forward with every ounce of energy and determination. If I could write his testimony it would be the following:

     I’m not what I ought to be, and
     I’m not what I want to be, and
     I’m not what I’m going to be, but praise God,
     I’m not what I used to be.

Is that your testimony?

No comments:

Post a Comment