Thursday, April 28, 2016

What Makes You Want to Go to Heaven?

“And God shall wipe away all tears from their eyes; and there shall be no more death, neither sorrow, nor crying, neither shall there be any more pain: for the former things are passed away.” (Revelation 21:4)

In my file of sermons I have one entitled, “What on Earth Would Make Anyone Want to go to Heaven?” In answering that question in my sermon I conclude that just about everything on earth would make folks long for heaven. Our text lists five things on earth to make us desire heaven: tears, death, sorrow, crying and pain.

More things on earth to make us long for heaven are listed in Revelation 21 and 22. I long for heaven because of sin and temptation down here. Sin abounds on earth but there is no sin in heaven. Night time on earth and the fear it often brings is another reason we long for heaven. There is no night there. The curse placed on the earth (weeds, Johnson grass, thorns, sickness, disease, and hatred), as a result of Adam’s sin make one long for heaven.

Are you going to heaven? There is only one way to get there. Jesus said, “I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father but by me.” (John 14:6)

No comments:

Post a Comment