Tuesday, April 19, 2016

Behold, I Thought

“But Naaman was wroth, and went away, and said, ‘Behold, I thought, He will surely come out to me, and stand, and call on the name of the LORD his God, and strike his hand over the place, and recover the leper.’” (II Kings 5:11)

If you have ever seen someone so mad they were about to blow a gasket, you have probably seen how mad Naaman was when the messenger from Elisha told him to dip seven times in the Jordan River and he would be cured of his leprosy.

Dipping in the Jordan did not line up with his pre-conceived ideas of how he would be cleansed. Naaman was like many people who desire to be cleansed from sin, but they want it their way.

“Behold I thought,” will be the theme song of many people who die without Christ. “I thought I had plenty of time.” Or, “behold I thought” one religion was as good as another. Or, “Behold I thought,” I was good enough, or my good out-weighed my bad, or I was no worse than my neighbors, or I thought I could do it my way.  Don’t let, “Behold, I thought,” keep you out of heaven.  Be cleansed the Bible way, through the blood of Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment