Wednesday, April 6, 2016

My Lord and My God

“And Thomas answered and said unto Him, ‘My Lord and my God.’” (John 20:28)

When Thomas saw the resurrected Christ he made a confession similar to the confessions others have made. Peter’s confession at Caesarea Philippi was, “thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God.” The Ethiopian said, “I believe that Jesus Christ is the Son of God.”(Acts 8:37) Nathaniel confessed, “Rabbi, thou art the Son of God; thou art the King of Israel. (John 1:49) Martha, sister of Lazarus, made a bold confession in John 8:27 as did the woman at Jacob’s well in John chapter 4.

Thomas boldly declared that Jesus was his Lord, the number one person in his life and his God. He stated that Jesus was deity, God in human form.

Someone has stated that Jesus is the Lord of all or He will not be Lord at all. Is Jesus your Lord? What does your life say? My counsel is to surrender everything to Him and let Him be the ruler of your heart and life.

No comments:

Post a Comment