Monday, March 12, 2018

But God

“But God, who is rich in mercy…” (Ephesians 2:4)

It was the despised tax collector who cried out, “God be merciful to me a sinner.” (Luke 18:13) Unlike the Pharisee standing and praying nearby, he had nothing of which he could boast. He knew his sins and shortcomings. “…But God, who is rich in mercy.”

I am thankful for the “…but Gods,” in the Bible. Mankind was destined for hell, “…but God.”

God is rich in mercy, not just a little mercy but an abundance of mercy. He has enough mercy to forgive all our sins. When we cried out to God in confession of our sins, His mercy cancelled the debt of sins of which we had nothing to pay.

When people come by my casket some day there will be someone that will be able to refute any good things the preacher might say about me. When he does I will hold up my hand, point toward heaven and say, “But God is rich in mercy.”

No comments:

Post a Comment