Sunday, April 16, 2017

…My Redeemer Lives

“If a man dies, shall he live again? All the days of my appointed time will I wait, till my change come.” (Job 14:14)

Apparently Job had observed the stump of a tree that had been cut down. He said, “There is hope of a tree, if it be cut down, that it will sprout again, and that the tender branch thereof will not cease… yet through the scent of water it will bud, and bring forth boughs like a plant.” But, in his observations Job had never seen a human resurrection or anyone who had experienced resurrection. That prompted the question in our text.

Even with his question Job had faith. He said, “I know that my redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God. Whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold, and not another; though my reins (ligaments) be consumed within me.”  (Job 19: 25-27)

When Jesus comes again all the Christians, true believers, will be raised from their graves and given new bodies. Just as the tree was “cut down,” so some people were “cut down” in youth, some as teenagers, and some in old age. If the Spirit of Christ indwells that person the Bible says he/she will be raised from the dead. They shall live again. It’s all because Jesus lives.

Auburn Baptist Church
115 North Lincoln
Auburn, Kentucky

No comments:

Post a Comment