Saturday, August 27, 2016

Why Worry?

 “Be careful for nothing; but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God.” (Philippians 4:6)

My mother told me of an aunt who was a worrier. She would go through the house, wadding and un-wadding her apron in her hands and with a frown on her face repeat, “Oh, me; oh, my.” One day she was overheard saying, “Oh, my. Now let me see: What was it I was worried about?”

Someone said, “There are three things not to worry about: things you can fix, control or do something about; things you can’t fix, control or do anything about, or things you have turned over to God.” That leaves nothing to worry about.

Be anxious for nothing. Don’t worry about anything. Pray about everything and thank God for His invitation for you to come into His presence and lay your burdens and cares at His feet. The old hymn says, “Take your burden to the Lord and leave it there.”

No comments:

Post a Comment