Sunday, February 28, 2016

What We Think About and What We Say

“Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, Oh LORD, my strength and my redeemer.”(Psalm 19:14)

A man was using profanity in my presence until he realized he was in the presence of a preacher of the Gospel. He was embarrassed and apologized for using that kind of language in the presence of a “man of God,” as he put it. I said, “Don’t be concerned about what I think, but be concerned about what God thinks.”

Our words mean something. Not only that, but what we think about has consequences. Someone said, “You may not be what you think you are, but what you think, you are.”

The Psalmist, David, viewed God as Jehovah God, the eternal, self-existent, master and ruler. He recognized Him further as his strength and his redeemer. Above all else, David wanted to please God even in the smallest detail of his life.

Our view of God will affect our way of thinking, speaking and behaving.

No comments:

Post a Comment