Sunday, May 17, 2015

Who Will Go For Us?

“And I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, whom shall I send, and who will go for us? Then said I, Here am I : send me.” (Isaiah 6:8)

This tenth and final question in this series of Biblical questions is asked by Isaiah as he has just witnessed his vision of God.

In this vision Isaiah saw the Lord on His throne, plus seraphims, each having six wings and crying Holy, Holy, Holy. The house of God was shaken and the Shekinah  glory of God filled the house. In the vision Isaiah confessed his sin and one of the seraphims came to him with a coal of fire from off the altar and laid it on Isaiah’s lips and told him his iniquity was taken away and his sin was purged. Isaiah’s vision would not be complete until he heard the voice of God asking the question recorded in our text and his response to it.

When you worship the Lord today or any other day, let your response to God be like that of Isaiah’s response. “Lord, I have heard your voice. Here I am to do your bidding.”

No comments:

Post a Comment