Sunday, May 24, 2015

Remember

“And when He had given thanks, He broke it, and said, Take eat: this is my body, which is broken for you: this do in remembrance of me. After the same manner also He took the cup, when He had supped, saying, this cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it in remembrance of me.”(I Corinthians 11:24-25)

Someone said, “There are three things I have lost and really miss in old age. One is my eyesight. Another is my hearing. And for the life of me, I can’t remember what the third one is.”

Our Lord established a way for us to remember His sacrificial death because we humans sometimes forget. The Lord’s Supper is observed by most churches. It is a holy, reverent time as Christians examine themselves and reflect on and remember what our Savior did for us on the cross of Calvary.

While it is appropriate for us on Memorial Day to remember our military personnel who gave their lives in service for our country and to remember our non-military loved ones who have left us in death, it is mandatory that we never forget the suffering and death the Lord Jesus Christ endured that we could have eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment