Sunday, October 26, 2014

Tired of Waiting?


Waiting is sometimes difficult.  Going to town once a week was a big treat for country folks when I was a child.  Parents would go do the shopping, visit with neighbors who also went to town infrequently and catch up on world and community events.  Children would mingle with other kids and perhaps go to a cowboy movie.  We were told to meet at a certain place at a certain time and not be late.  We had chores that had to be done before dark. So we were at the place where Dad said meet him. It seemed that my father knew every farmer who had come to town and he was duty bound to talk to every one of them.  We would look way down the street and see him coming and we would wait and wait and wait.  It was difficult.

God, our heavenly Father, tells us to wait.  He hasn't told us how long to wait nor has He given us a timetable. He just says, "Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and He shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord." (Psalm 27:14)  One thing I have learned about waiting on God.  He is always on time.  As some of my Christian brothers sing, "He's an on-time God.  He's never been too early and He's never gonna' be too late.  He's an all time, on time God." 

I am looking for our Savior's return.  I don’t know when He will return; it will be when God says it is time.  "But until then, my heart will go on singing, until then with joy I'll carry on..."


No comments:

Post a Comment