Saturday, October 7, 2017

How Much God Loves Us

“In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him. (I John 4:9)

God could have just written in the sky, “I love you,” He could have said, “Giving my Son to die on a cross is too much. It’s way beyond expectation.” But, God showed us His love, not with letters in the sky, but with His Son nailed to a cross.

We can say, “I love God,” but never honor His commandments. Or, we might say to a fellow believer, “I love you,” but never help him when he needs it.

The words to the hymn, "I Love Thee," which was written in 1805, are still true today.  They read: 

                “I love Thee, I love Thee, I love Thee, my Lord;
                        I love Thee my Savior, I love Thee, my God:
                  I love Thee, I love Thee, and that Thou dost know;
                        But how much I love Thee my actions will show.”

No comments:

Post a Comment