Thursday, October 26, 2017

God has Given us Eternal Life

“And this is the record, that God hath given to us eternal life, and this life is in His Son. He that hath the Son hath life; and he that hath not the Son of God hath not life.”
(I John 5:11-12)

A preacher friend gave the best illustration of the truth contained in these two verses that I have ever seen. He placed his open Bible in one hand and his ball point pen in the other. He then said, “My Bible represents the Son of God and this pen represents eternal life.” He then placed his pen in the open Bible and closed it on the pen. Then my friend said, “If you want eternal life it is in the Son of God. Then he laid the Bible down, with the pen inside and quoted I John 5:12. Then he asked those around him, “How could one receive my pen?” They answered, “By picking up the Bible.” His next question was, “How does one receive eternal life?” they responded, “By receiving the Son of God.” My friend asked, “Will you receive the Son of God and have eternal life?”

So, I will ask you, “Have you received eternal life by receiving the Son of God?”

No comments:

Post a Comment