Sunday, October 8, 2017

God Loved Us and Sent His Son

“Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that He loved us, and sent His Son to be the propitiation for our sins.” (I John 4:10)

As John is inspired of the Holy Spirit to write on the subjects of God’s love, man’s love for God and his fellow man, it has been a near exhaustive treatise. I think of an old preacher who was asked about his sermon delivery. He said, “First, I tell them what I am about to tell them. Then I tell them. Then, I tell them what I’ve done told them. That way they won’t forget.”

Jesus is the propitiation, or covering, like the Mercy Seat over the Ark of the Covenant in the Old Testament.  His blood covers our sins. He is the place of mercy. Someone said, “Give me justice! I want justice.” Someone standing near said, “If God gave you justice you would be eternally doomed in hell. What you need is Mercy, not Justice.” Jesus is our propitiation, our Mercy Seat.

                                     A Personal Note from Brother Jim

I am making an appeal to all my readers for you to be in prayer for Auburn Baptist Church (Auburn, Kentucky), where I am pastor. There are many readers whom I will never see and never meet, but I know there are prayer warriors among you.

Our church enters a series of services this Sunday morning, October 8 and continues through Wednesday evening, October 11. If you live close enough to allow you to attend please do so. If you cannot attend please lift us up to God in your prayers.

Our service times are today at 11:00 a.m. and tonight through Wednesday we will be meeting at 7:00 p.m. All times for services are Central Daylight Time.

Thank You.
Brother Jim


No comments:

Post a Comment