Friday, October 27, 2017

Assurance of the Right Road Home

“These things have I written unto you that believe on the name of the Son of God; that ye may know that ye have eternal life, and that ye may believe on the name of the Son of God.” (I John 5:13)

I was on “Interstate 71” near Columbus, Ohio going south to my home in Kentucky after being in a week of revival near Lake Erie. Having driven several miles without seeing a road sign, the first sign that read “I-71 South” was a welcome assurance that I was on the right road home.

John tells us that he has written this first epistle to all who believe in the name of the Son of God that we might have assurance that we are on the right road home. How tragic to be trusting a hoax and not realize it before it’s too late. Also, how tragic to be on the right road and some cultist or Gnostic tries to convince you that you are on the wrong road. And what comfort to read in God’s word that Jesus, the Son of God is the correct road home.

First John is an inspired word from the Lord to all believers whose faith is in Jesus, the Son of God, that we can know we have the gift of eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment