Sunday, May 28, 2017

The Unchanging Gospel

“Moreover, brethren, I declare unto you the gospel which I preached unto you, which also ye have received, and wherein ye stand; by which ye also are saved, if ye keep in memory what I preached unto you, unless he have believed in vain.”
(I Corinthians 15:1-2)

You and I may forget what day it is or what day we got saved. We may forget how many young men lost their lives on Normandy Beach in World War II. I knew an elderly gentleman who drove to church on a Sunday evening but forgot how to get back home. His wife had to send someone after him.

The apostle is writing to the Corinthians to remind them of the gospel story and of how they came to be Christians. He was saying, “This is what I preached when I was there with you. It has not changed."

This is what the old preachers were declaring when I became a Christian. It has not changed. In fact, whether or not we forget, God has not forgotten.

No comments:

Post a Comment