Wednesday, March 30, 2016

So Send I You

“Then said Jesus to them again, ‘Peace be unto you: as my Father hath sent me, even so send I you.’” (John 20:21)

Fear, anxiety and worry are just some of the antonyms of peace. The disciples had expressed these emotions during the last three days. Jesus now speaks peace to His disciples. Having seen Him, the nail prints and the spear print, they no longer were fearful, anxious and worried. They now had faith. Jesus had spoken peace to them.

With new faith and hope they were now ready to be commissioned to go into the world and tell the good news. Jesus said to them, “As the Father has sent me, so send I you.”

In many churches at the end of the worship service there is an opportunity to respond. Worship is not complete until we make a positive response to what we have seen, heard and experienced. How did you respond Sunday to the message of Christ’s death and resurrection?

No comments:

Post a Comment