Friday, December 18, 2015

What’s In It For Me?

“And Mary said, Behold the handmaid of the Lord; be it unto me according to thy word. And the angel departed from her.” (Luke 1:38)

Are you surrendered to the will of God? When God speaks do you hear? And do you heed? Mary heard the message from God through the angel Gabriel. There was no argument, no, “Are you sure this message is for me?” There was no quibbling. She never asked, “What’s in it for me?”

“Be it unto me according to thy word.” She was resigned to the will of God. The true servant of God hears the message from God through the spoken Word or by the Holy Spirit and, as it were, signs a blank check, hands it over to God and says, “Lord God, you fill in the amount above my signature.”  Don’t be afraid to trust God with your very life, your future and your family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment