Tuesday, December 29, 2015

But God

“But God who is rich in mercy, for His great love wherewith He loved us, even when we were dead in sins, hath quickened us together with Christ…” (Ephesians 2:4-5)

Following a list of descriptive sins against us, the Bible shows us how God has handled those charges by saying, “But God, who is rich in mercy…has raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus…For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God.” (Ephesians 2:4,6,8)

So much is covered by the little three letter conjunction, “BUT.” I owed a great debt of sin, BUT Jesus paid it all.  I was destined for eternity in hell, BUT God rescued me. I stood condemned to die, BUT Jesus took my place. I should have been crucified, I should have suffered and died, I should have hung on the cross in disgrace, BUT Jesus, God’s Son, took my place.

On one side of the conjunction, “but,” is our condemnation. On the other side of the conjunction is our salvation. On which side are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment