Tuesday, November 24, 2015

God’s Unspeakable Gift

“Thanks be unto God for His unspeakable gift.” (II Corinthians 9:15)

A gift cannot be earned. There is no exchange of money, goods or time for a gift. There is no obligation of work before or after a gift. There is no expectation on the part of a donor for a gift. A gift is free or else it ceases to be a gift. A gift has only to be received from the donor.

Paul mentioned the “unspeakable” or “indescribable” gift from God. He is writing of the, “gift of God, eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Romans 6:23) I have never been able in my finite understanding and vocabulary to adequately describe this indescribable gift. All I can do is receive it and say “thanks” and live with thanksgiving in my heart for this gift greater than all other gifts combined.

That free gift is available to all who will receive it. With thanksgiving in my heart I tell others about the gift and how to receive it. Have you received your gift of eternal life?

No comments:

Post a Comment