Thursday, November 5, 2015

God Owns It All

“For every beast of the forest is mine, and the cattle upon a thousand hills.” (Psalm 50:10)

In the old west, livestock were branded to show ownership, a practice still used today in some areas. My dad purchased two mares from Texas that had brands that had been burned there when these mares were colts.

When I go into the woods and see squirrels, rabbits, raccoons, possums and other animals, the Bible, not some brand, tells me that God is the owner. In addition, the cattle on a thousand hills are His.

Look at the words of the old song,
                                                “A Child of the King”
                        “My Father is rich in houses and lands,
                                    He holdeth the wealth of the world in His hands!
                        Of rubies and diamonds, of silver and gold,
                                    His coffers are full, He has riches untold.
                                                            Chorus
                        I’m a child of the King, A child of the King:
                                    With Jesus my Savior, I’m a child of the King.”

Place your faith in Jesus. Become a child of the King.

No comments:

Post a Comment