Friday, July 31, 2015

The Way, the Truth and the Life

“Jesus saith unto him, “I am the way, the truth, and the life.” (John 14:6a)

Not only is He the way to God in salvation, Jesus is the way to God in prayer. The Bible says, “For there is one God, and one mediator between God and men, the man Christ Jesus.” (I Timothy 2:5) Jesus is the believer’s high priest at the right hand of God, having ascended into heaven following forty days of resurrection appearances. He is there making intercession for us. We have the possibility and privilege of prayer because of the priesthood of Jesus. See also Romans 8:34.

Jesus continued His dialogue with Thomas by saying, “I am the truth.”  Jesus is the truth about God and about creation. He is the truth that sets men free. “And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free.” (John 8:32)  He sets us free from sin and Satan. He frees us from false gods, false religions, false prophets and false philosophies.

Jesus said also, “I am the life.” When Martha, the sister of Lazarus, who had died, approached Jesus coming to Lazarus’ tomb, Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life: he that believeth in me, though he were dead, yet shall he live.” (John 11:25)  He said also, “Because I live, ye shall live also.”(John 14:19)

No comments:

Post a Comment