Thursday, July 30, 2015

Jesus is the Way

“Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. (John 14:6)

It was Thomas who had asked the question of Jesus, “How can we know the way?” So Jesus directed His answer to Thomas. Jesus saith unto “him…” not the others, although they were probably hearing the dialogue between Thomas and Jesus. Our Lord has time for each of us individually. We cannot ask Him a question too difficult for Him to answer. In His answer Jesus said, “I am the way.” He is not one of many ways. He is the only way to God.

A missionary in a distant land needed to go to a remote tribe deep in a jungle. Vegetation had grown over any sign of a trail. There was no path to be seen. There were no posted arrows showing the right direction. “Will someone please show me the way,” begged the missionary. A man who had been sent from the remote tribe came to him and said, “I cannot show you the way.” With that he turned his back to the missionary and said, “Get on my back. There is no trail. I am the way. I am here to take you to your destination.”

Jesus does not show us the way. He IS the way. He will take us to our heavenly home, our destination. There is no other Way. Trust your soul, your life and eternity to Him.

No comments:

Post a Comment