Sunday, July 26, 2015

A Prepared Place for Prepared People

"In my Father’s house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.” (John 14:2)

An old song says, “Lord, build me just a cabin in the corner of Glory Land.” At least two translations say, “In my Father’s house are many dwelling places.” One version has “resting place” here. And one I have seen has the word, “nests.” I don’t think I would enjoy sitting on a nest for all eternity. Nor would I enjoy living in a cabin when He has promised me a mansion.

He would have told us to be prepared for less if less were what He promised. A mansion would be a fitting place to welcome the King of Kings and other guests from the population of heaven over for a good Bible study and a time of singing and rejoicing. He has gone to prepare the place. We can be sure that whatever it looks like, it will be better than anything we could imagine down here. It’s a prepared place for prepared people. I encourage you that if you have not done so to make preparation for heaven by receiving Christ Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment