Friday, June 3, 2016

What Do You See in the Mirror of God’s Word

“For if any man be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass: For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.” (James 1:23-24)

Have you ever been walking down the sidewalk and saw your reflection in a plate glass window? Perhaps you were amazed at how much weight you had gained or how stooped you had become. You think, “I must do something about my weight and my drooped shoulders.” On your way home you consume a deluxe pizza and a large cola, go home and sack out on the couch.

Have you ever heard a soul searching sermon that described some of your hidden sins and how you should repent and let Jesus Christ be your Lord? On you way home you met some old friends and it was back to the sinful routine.

Tomorrow morning I will see myself in the bathroom mirror. I will see a face that needs to be shaved and hair that needs to be combed. I can take care of those two items or just walk away and forget what I saw in the mirror.

Sometime tomorrow I will read a portion of Scripture that will likely describe something in my life that needs attention. What would my Savior and Lord have me do?

No comments:

Post a Comment