Sunday, May 1, 2016

If My People…

“If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.”(II Chronicles 7:14)

Occasionally God must remind us that we are drifting away from Him and His ways and warn us of the consequences of such drifting.

Solomon had just finished his prayer of dedication after the temple at Jerusalem was finished. In his prayer Solomon mentioned some of the things that might go wrong if the people drifted away from God. God responded with this verse we are using as our text.

What God said to Solomon and to the people through Solomon He says to us. We must practice humility, prayer, seek God’s face (His favor), and repent of our sins.

From what I am observing in the news, on Facebook, in religion and politics, our nation - not to mention the nations of the world - is dangerously close to the precipice of destruction. Don’t think of me as an alarmist, but rather as a realist. Warnings abound. We must heed them.

No comments:

Post a Comment