Sunday, August 17, 2014

Devotional Guide

God has blessed me with the privilege of writing and sharing these short daily devotions.  I am glad to know people are being blessed and encouraged through the reading of them.  I enjoy reading the daily devotions of other writers as they share their insights.

However, one’s daily devotional time must consist of more than another person’s thoughts from a devotional guide.  God must be personal to you and me.  We must experience Him for ourselves and not just read about what He means to someone else.  We must read His Word daily and allow the Holy Spirit to make applications in the areas of our lives that need God’s attention.

I fully believe the other devotional guide writers would agree with me on that point.  Read God’s Word. There is no substitute for it. Let it be your primary “devotional” guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment