Sunday, July 15, 2018

Seek Ye First…

“But seek ye first the Kingdom of God, and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof.” (Matthew 6:33-34)

The people of our day work feverishly, laying up money for retirement, investing in this and that fund, anxiously wondering if there will be enough funds to see us through to the end. Such thinking stops us from doing the work God has bidden us to do.

A little poem says, “Said the sparrow to the robin, ‘friend, I would really like to know, what makes these anxious human beings rush about and worry so?’”

Replied the robin to the sparrow, "Well, I think that it must be, that they have no heavenly Father, such as cares for you and me."

As the dear old song says, "His eye is on the sparrow, and I know He watches me."

No comments:

Post a Comment