Friday, June 9, 2017

Practical Christianity

“Let nothing be done through strife or vainglory; but in lowliness of mind let each esteem other better than themselves. Look not every man on his own things, but every man also on the things of others.” (Philippians 2:3-4)

If you were choosing a theme song that accurately describes your life, would it be, “Have thine own way, Lord, have thine own way; Thou art the potter, I am the clay.” Or would it be better described (to the same tune), “I want my way, Lord, I want my way. Nothing else matters, just give me my way.”

Oh, that we would follow the teaching of God’s Word as written here by Paul the apostle to the Christians at the church of Philippi. Perhaps it was because they were exemplifying this teaching of putting others before self that he could say of them, “I thank my God upon every remembrance of you.” (Phil 1:3)

Determine that you will be a Christian that sets an example for others to follow in this matter of selflessness as opposed to selfishness.

No comments:

Post a Comment