Saturday, July 23, 2016

Do What You Say You Will Do

“But above all things, my brethren, swear not, neither by heaven, neither by the earth, neither by any other oath: but let your yea be yea; and your nay, nay; lest ye fall into condemnation.” (James 5:12)

I don’t remember where I first heard the words, “A man’s word is his bond.” Neither do I remember the first person who spoke those words in my hearing.

Those words may have originated with Jesus in His Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5:34-37 where He said, “Swear not at all… but let your communication be Yea, yea; Nay, nay…”

We should not find it necessary to lace our conversation with curse words and swear words in an attempt to make ourselves more believable. Let your speech come from the depths of a pure heart. Do what you say you will do.

No comments:

Post a Comment